KDE Project in Need of LOVE !

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Dec 14 14:52:18 UTC 2014

El Diumenge, 14 de desembre de 2014, a les 10:35:32, Joao Maria va escriure:
> December, 14ht, 2014
>
> Ref: KDE Project in Need of LOVE !
>
> Hi, All Nice KDE People Out There and specially the Gardening Group Members:

Hi

> First of all, let me tell that KDE rocks! I am a newbie to the Linux
> community (using Linux Mint 17 Xfce 64-bit) and I am already in love
> with KDE. You guys are wonderful and I hope that in some years we can
> see a world without Bill & Windows (and dominated by Linux & KDE
> apps).
>
> Now, for my suggestion: there is a major project which is in need of
> some LOVE, namely Ktorrent !
>
> Ktorrent is by far the best and most capable of all P2P clients
> available for Linux but the last release was almost two years ago and
> it looks like KDE abandoned it: the specific board for Ktorrent in KDE
> Forums has some open bugs reports open and unsolved and the program
> misses one IMPORTANT feature that most other P2P clients have as
> standard, namely the ability to add an extension to the partially
> downloaded files [ for details about that, please look at my post in
> KDE forum of today, Dec 14th, 2014:
> https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=234&t=124058 ].
>
> I am willing to help you guys in any way I can in this project
> (although I have almost no knowledge about coding so my contribution
> may be restricted to testing and/or any menial work).

KTorrent has been mentioned a few times, but we're doing KRecipes right now,
and we're a bit behind on it to be honest, so any help you may give there also
helps.

We will consider KTorrent for the next round of gardening.

Cheers,
  Albert