ksirk modifications

Glenn Pavlovic gpavman at hughes.net
Mon Feb 18 02:23:45 GMT 2019

I have KDE4 so I don't think I can build  the current version.

1. I didn't know the END key would do that. Though it is a bit awkward
switching mouse<->keyboard. Seems to me a button is more intuitive. I
wouldn't set the slider to max by default as there are times (usually
early in the game) when you want to do just a few at a time.

2. Suppose you are mid game and get ~20 armies at a time. If you want to
reinforce various points of your lines with say 5 armies each you would
set the slider to 5 and then click on each country thereby adding 5
armies to each one. Or say you want to put them all in one place, you
would put the slider all the way over and then a single click puts them
all in.

3. One of the strategies I use later in the game when I am getting more
armies than I need for defense is to stockpile armies behind the lines.
When I have a sufficient number I pull them all out at once (say
100-200) place them and then blitz the board. This dialog lets me
extract them with 3 clicks instead of 100+ right clicks.

While I can't build it I will try to put together patches on the current
release so you can try them out.