ksirk modifications

Nemanja Hiršl nemhirsl at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 23:29:08 GMT 2019

+kde-games-devel

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 12:32 AM Glenn Pavlovic <gpavman at hughes.net> wrote:

> Hello,
> I made some (what I consider to be improvements) changes to ksirk
> 4.14.3. Patch file attached (generated with LC_ALL=C TZ=UTC0 diff -Naur
> ksirk-4.14.3 ksirk-4.14.3.revised > ksirk-4.14.3.patch)

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your interest and contribution to ksirk.
Unfortunately, I couldn't try your patch due to various reasons and
troubles in compiling locally 4.14 branch. Master and recent branches are
all based on KF5 and Qt5 for some time now.

As you noticed, some improvements can be made to get UI out of the way for
some game plays.

> 1. Added a button to the invaisonSlider dialog to set the slider to the
> maximum.

Is it possible to modify slider to match your needs instead of adding new
button. QSlider is used here and current default page step is 10. You can
move pages by leftclicking on slider or with PageUp/Down. End key will set
the slider to the maximum, while Home would set it to the minimum.
If all of these is not enough, or can't be used to satisfy what you are
trying to accomplish, maybe an option could be added to always set maximum
value for invasion slider instead of minimum?

> 2. Added a slider to the right dialog to allow multiple armies to be
> added toi a country at once.

If I understand correctly, once the country has been selected, the slider
would determine how many armies would be placed, instead of single click -
one army?
I agree this might be useful especially later in the game with large number
of armies.

> 3. Added a dialog (accesed via CTRL/SHIFT/META+right click) to allow
> multiple armies to be extracted from a country at once, if there are 5
> or more available to be extracted.

Not sure I understand where and how this new dialog is used.

If it is possible, please try to build latest code (master) and send
patches via phabricator. That and keeping kde-games-devel in the loop might
get you faster responses.

Best regards,
Nemanja