D9790: Fix slowdown issue

Julian Helfferich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 10 12:45:38 UTC 2018

helfferich created this revision.
helfferich added a reviewer: KDE Games.
helfferich added a project: KDE Games.
helfferich requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The bug has been discussed on the mailing list: The speed of the ball decreases instead of increasing at some point in the game. The reason is that the QML-timer has a minimum resolution of 16ms (i.e. 60 fps). Now, instead of firing the timer at a higher interval, the evaluation (Move balls -> detect Collisions) is split into several substeps. The number of substeps is doubled instead of cutting the timer interval in half.

TEST PLAN
  I have played the game extensively. The bug does no longer occur. I collected speed-up and slow-down bonuses both with a single and with multiple balls.

REPOSITORY
  R393 KBreakout

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9790