KSokoban - KF5

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Sun Aug 27 11:42:57 UTC 2017

Am 27.08.2017 um 13:29 schrieb Luigi Toscano:
> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the master branch of KSokoban is also still Qt4-based. There is a branch
>> port-to-kf5 which compiles fine with KF5 and also works on a first sight.
>> So is there any reason to not make this branch the new master branch?
> Probably because it's not part of KDE Applications, and it was even demoted to
> playground, so no one was probably looking at it.
>
> If I remember correctly (but I can't find the thread), it was dropped during
> the conversion from KDE3 to kdelibs 4.x because it was not ported. There was
> some discussion later when it was ported to Qt4, which lead to the creation of
> the git repository from SVN, but apparently didn't reach a release point. The
> discussion started here:
> https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-games-devel/2012-July/009266.html
>
> So basically if it works, it's up to you, and also the releases. It's in
> playground, so the idea is that only unstable releases should come out of it,
> according the current workflow (which may change in future):
> https://community.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle
>
> That said, if you want to merge frameworks into master, let me know so that I
> can move the translations.
Ok, this was not clear to me. I just looked through the kde git repos
and wondered why there is a repo with a working KF5 branch with master
still being Qt4.
The branch was created in january 2016 (
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-games-devel/2016-January/012537.html
) and there were some additional cleanup commits afterwards.
I'll add the author to see if he is still alive :)

Thx,
Christian