KSokoban - KF5

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sun Aug 27 11:29:13 UTC 2017

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the master branch of KSokoban is also still Qt4-based. There is a branch
> port-to-kf5 which compiles fine with KF5 and also works on a first sight.
> So is there any reason to not make this branch the new master branch?

Probably because it's not part of KDE Applications, and it was even demoted to
playground, so no one was probably looking at it.

If I remember correctly (but I can't find the thread), it was dropped during
the conversion from KDE3 to kdelibs 4.x because it was not ported. There was
some discussion later when it was ported to Qt4, which lead to the creation of
the git repository from SVN, but apparently didn't reach a release point. The
discussion started here:
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-games-devel/2012-July/009266.html

So basically if it works, it's up to you, and also the releases. It's in
playground, so the idea is that only unstable releases should come out of it,
according the current workflow (which may change in future):
https://community.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle

That said, if you want to merge frameworks into master, let me know so that I
can move the translations.

Ciao
--
Luigi