[Kde-games-devel] KMahjongg frameworks branch

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 02:27:17 UTC 2016

Hi Frederik,

On 04/01/2016, at 11:07 AM, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> I found the cause for the crash. I read in the Qt docs that
> QFile::Text is a good idea but in this case it causes problems.
>
> So now I pushed the merge to the server.

Well done, Frederik!!!  It has been a long haul.  I hope your next
merge of a frameworks branch will be on a game which is better
maintained and has fewer open bug reports.

> Brace for impact. :)

Yair, tell me about it…  As you know, I cannot compile and build
Frameworks on Apple OS X.  But it gets worse...

Apparently KMahjongg had its CMakeLists.txt radically changed
and some porting to Frameworks (or "preparation" for Frameworks)
done on the master branch, starting on 20 Sept 2014.  If I "git reset"
to just before that, I miss fixes that went into master in 2015.

If I reset to just before you started merging, I cannot build KMahjongg.

Luckily Apple OS X has a nice backup utility that runs every hour and
can roll any file or directory tree back to how it was at any time and date.
So I was able to re-create source and re-build, using my local repository
of KMahjongg as at two days ago.

> I also added KMahjongg to kde-build-metadata and updated
> https://community.kde.org/KDE_Games/Porting
>
> Did I forget something (besides bug triaging) for now?

Don't know.  You are now in territory unfamiliar to me… :-)

Regarding all the bug fixes which were scattered through the
master and qgraphic branches over the past year or so and
which you have been testing and closing over the last day or
two, I regret to say that I cannot test them.  Sorry.

There are probably other fixes, not yet committed, that were
emailed or still in review --- especially from Jan-Peter Nilsson.

Cheers, Ian W.