[Kde-games-devel] KMahjongg frameworks branch

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Tue Jan 5 02:58:12 UTC 2016

Am Dienstag, 5. Januar 2016, 13:27:17 schrieb Ian Wadham:

Hi Ian,

> On 04/01/2016, at 11:07 AM, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> > I found the cause for the crash. I read in the Qt docs that
> > QFile::Text is a good idea but in this case it causes problems.
> >
> > So now I pushed the merge to the server.
>
> Well done, Frederik!!!  It has been a long haul.  I hope your next
> merge of a frameworks branch will be on a game which is better
> maintained and has fewer open bug reports.

I am planning Kigo and the KGoldrunner.
Kigo has some review requests (a.k.a porters stumbling blocks ;))
but I guess you might be willing to help with KGoldrunner so it should
be alright.

> > Brace for impact. :)
>
> Yair, tell me about it…  As you know, I cannot compile and build
> Frameworks on Apple OS X.  But it gets worse...
>
> Apparently KMahjongg had its CMakeLists.txt radically changed
> and some porting to Frameworks (or "preparation" for Frameworks)
> done on the master branch, starting on 20 Sept 2014.  If I "git
> reset" to just before that, I miss fixes that went into master in
> 2015.
>
> If I reset to just before you started merging, I cannot build
> KMahjongg.

You cannot build f59dc4a400? It's the commit before the merge. It
should build fine with a KDE 4 setup.
Although it might not be useful to build that version when checking
stuff for the current master branch.

I think the commit from 20 Sept 2014 (2fa7f323b9) is on frameworks
branch here. But there is too much branching/merging going on there to
be sure.

> Luckily Apple OS X has a nice backup utility that runs every hour
> and can roll any file or directory tree back to how it was at any
> time and date. So I was able to re-create source and re-build,
> using my local repository of KMahjongg as at two days ago.
>
> > I also added KMahjongg to kde-build-metadata and updated
> > https://community.kde.org/KDE_Games/Porting
> >
> > Did I forget something (besides bug triaging) for now?
>
> Don't know.  You are now in territory unfamiliar to me… :-)

I forgot to announce the kf5 port on kde-i18n-doc but it's done
now. :)

> Regarding all the bug fixes which were scattered through the
> master and qgraphic branches over the past year or so and
> which you have been testing and closing over the last day or
> two, I regret to say that I cannot test them.  Sorry.

I know. No need to be sorry.

> There are probably other fixes, not yet committed, that were
> emailed or still in review --- especially from Jan-Peter Nilsson.

I checked the emails you mentioned early in this thread and went
through all of those reports.
The only thing I can see is this review request:
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/121816/

As for the rest, I hope Jan will get active now and see if something
is missing.

Regards,
Frederik