[Kde-games-devel] Load translations

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Mon Nov 9 08:06:42 UTC 2015

Am Sonntag, 8. November 2015, 22:52:05 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El Saturday 07 November 2015, a les 01:44:08, Frederik Schwarzer va
escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > in KShisen the translations are not complete. In the settings
> > dialog the kshisen section becomes translated, when _one_or_both_
> > of these are used.
> > CMakeLists.txt:    add_definitions(-DTRANSLATION_DOMAIN="kshisen")
> > main.cpp:    KLocalizedString::setApplicationDomain("kshisen");
> >
> > It does not matter which one I use.
> >
> > The settings section KShisen borrows from libkmahjongg remain
> > untranslated in both cases.
> >
> > Unfortunately
> >
> > http://api.kde.org/frameworks-api/frameworks5-apidocs/ki18n/html/c
> > lassKLoca lizedString.html is 404'ed so I cannot read into this
> > tonight.
> >
> > So, does anyone know, which of those we do need for our games?
>
> The second. But it doesn't really matter, since you're saying about
> libkmahjongg that is not a game.
>
> You'll need to be a bit more concise in:
>  * Which string you're seeing untraslated
>  * Which langauge you're using.

Language: de
The Settings dialog is actually using KMahjonggConfigDialog.
The General tab is a UI file from inside KShisen and the Tiles and
Backgrounds tab are coming from libkmahjongg. Those latter two are not
translated here.
I think to remember that in KDE4 we had to load library's catalogs
into applications which used them. Doe we have to do this in KF5 as
well?

Regards
Frederik