[Kde-games-devel] No developpement on kdegames application ?

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Tue Jun 23 13:53:17 UTC 2015

Le Tuesday 23 June 2015 16:25:05 Ian Wadham a écrit :
> On 22/06/2015, at 3:58 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El Divendres, 29 de maig de 2015, a les 07:42:46, laurent Montel va escriure:
> >> Hi,
> >> I see that nobody works on kdegames.
> >
> > Yeah there's unfortunately much people left, i wanted to have some stuff
> > from my side but holiday timing basically meant i was AWOL for a month
> > just before the freeze so it's 15.12 for me i'd say.
>
> I cannot work on KF5/Qt5 applications, as you know, but I have been
> developing some major new features for KSudoku.  Also a contributor has
> sent me 200 new levels for KGoldrunner.  The KSudoku additions should be
> forward compatible with KF5 and Qt5, as far as I can tell.  They are mostly
> algorithmic stuff.  And the KGoldrunner levels would be a new data file
> with one string to be translated.
>
> Is it still possible to release such things as KDE 4 apps in 15.08?  Or
> should I not attempt it?

I think that all apps which is still not ported to kf5 will release as kde4

> KSudoku and KGoldrunner have not yet been fully ported to KF5 and the
> work-in-progress is on the frameworks branch AFAIK.  My new features are
> on a local branch.  Should I merge with master and push?

I think it's a good idea to merge in master.
When a guy will want to work on kf5 version he will merge master in framework in the
future so you work will not lose.

Regards

Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,  http://www.kdab.fr