[Kde-games-devel] No developpement on kdegames application ?

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 06:25:05 UTC 2015

On 22/06/2015, at 3:58 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> El Divendres, 29 de maig de 2015, a les 07:42:46, laurent Montel va escriure:
>> Hi,
>> I see that nobody works on kdegames.
>
> Yeah there's unfortunately much people left, i wanted to have some stuff from
> my side but holiday timing basically meant i was AWOL for a month just before
> the freeze so it's 15.12 for me i'd say.

I cannot work on KF5/Qt5 applications, as you know, but I have been developing
some major new features for KSudoku.  Also a contributor has sent me 200 new
levels for KGoldrunner.  The KSudoku additions should be forward compatible
with KF5 and Qt5, as far as I can tell.  They are mostly algorithmic stuff.  And the
KGoldrunner levels would be a new data file with one string to be translated.

Is it still possible to release such things as KDE 4 apps in 15.08?  Or should I
not attempt it?

KSudoku and KGoldrunner have not yet been fully ported to KF5 and the
work-in-progress is on the frameworks branch AFAIK.  My new features are
on a local branch.  Should I merge with master and push?

Cheers, Ian W.