[Kde-games-devel] Freeze in 6 weeks

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Mon Jan 19 08:23:04 UTC 2015

Le Thursday 15 January 2015 07:48:29 laurent Montel a écrit :
> Hi,
> As Albert wrote in blog
>http://tsdgeos.blogspot.fr/2015/01/kde-applications-1504-release-schedule.
> html„ we have 6 weeks before freeze
>
> I updated info about porting:
> https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/kdegame_apps_porting_kf5_status
>
> I fixed some bugs in libkdegames and some games.
> I finished to port some applications.
>
> Indeed bug reported by Albert:
> "FWIW i just tried bovo which is listed as ready to merge and:
>  * Found and fixed a bug in libkdegames
>  * Found and fixed three bugs in bovo
>  * Found and still wondering on how to fix a bug in
> bovo/libkdegames/kconfigcore
>
> For those interested the bug that's still unfixed is the one that makes
> "QCoreApplication::arguments: Please instantiate the QApplication object
> first" appear on app close, basically we're KgDifficulty is a static that
> tries to save the current level on destruction, but it's too late to use
> KSharedConfig::openConfig which uses the        qApp because the qApp is
> already Gone.„

Now that Albert fixed this bug (thanks), perhaps we can start to merge some
application in master.
So we can focus on specific game and define that we will merge in master in x
days no ?.

We still have 5 weeks before freeze.
I know that all games will not merged in master for 15.04 but several games
can be.

Regards