[Kde-games-devel] Freeze in 6 weeks

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 22:00:40 UTC 2015

Re KMahjongg, as ported to KF5.  Sorry to be slow in following
up on this.

On 16/01/2015, at 5:50 PM, Ian Wadham wrote:
> On 16/01/2015, at 5:11 PM, laurent Montel wrote:
>>> Some good news and some bad re KMahjongg.
>>>
>>> My friend Marko Käning tested KMahjongg/KF5 on his Apple OSX/KF5 CI
>>> system and both KMahjongg and the new CI system ran very well, see
>>> the attached email for details.  This is on Apple OSX --- a tricky platform.
>>>
>>> He came to grief when trying to save and load games.
>>
>> It's a problem from kf5 not kmajhong no ?
>
> I think it is maybe from Marko's test setup (something missing) or maybe
> from KF5, as implemented on Apple OSX.  We have several problems
> with kdeinit4, klauncher4 and kded4 on the Apple OSX platform,
> but not with KIO (for KDE 4).
>
> I hope these KDE 4 problems have not carried forward into Frameworks
> and KF5.  But if they have, a wide range of KF5 apps on Apple OSX will
> be affected… :-(
>
> All we know so far is what was in the attachment to my last email on
> this thread.  I do not think this is a problem in KMahjongg code.
>
> Let us see what Marko's further tests show.  So far, he is the only
> person who has Frameworks and KF5 working at all on an Apple
> system.  He is developing and testing the CI system for OSX/KF5.
> I cannot test KMahjongg/KF5 myself, but I *can* help Marko with
> narrowing down the problem(s?).
>
>>> I have suggested
>>> some changes in the test-conditions for him to try.  Also, I have
>>> suggested he re-test on Linux/KF5 CI.  I await further results from Marko.

As you may have seen from Marko's post on this list, Save and Load
worked OK in KMahjongg on Marko's Apple OS X CI setup, iff he had
kded5 running.  So, no problems with KMahjongg itself.  Plenty with
kded5 and friends on Apple OS X, but that is off-topic here.

The qgraphic branch of KMahjongg is looking good and it is now out
of "archaeology" mode.  It could well be ready in time for merging into
the frameworks branch and then back into master for release.

Roney and I will see how we progress with that.  If it is not ready in time,
the current kmahjongg/frameworks code can be merged and released.

Cheers, Ian W.