[Kde-games-devel] Konquest

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Thu Jan 8 19:14:33 UTC 2015

On Thursday, January 08, 2015 19:58:54 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dijous, 8 de gener de 2015, a les 19:19:12, Inge Wallin va escriure:

> > Regarding bugfixes, they can be handled in two ways:
> > 1. Add them to master and cherry-pick in release branches (the calligra
> > way) 2. Add them to the release branches and merge them to master (the
> > kde-edu way) I don't know how they are actually supposed to be handled in
> > kde-games.
>
> Merging is always safer than cherry-picking (you never forget stuff in one
> of the branches). I never understood why calligra decided to go the cherry-
> picking way.

Well, sometimes you don't want to forward port a bugfix. An example could be
that the bug itself doesn't exist anymore or a completely different solution is
needed in master due to a big refactor. The cherry-pick method at least gives
you a choice. I think that there is less refactoring going on in kde-edu
applications since they are generally smaller, so it's probably more
appropriate there.

All of this said, what *is* the preferred method for handling bugfixes in kde-
games?

	-Inge