[Kde-games-devel] KMahjongg frameworks branch

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 11:00:25 UTC 2015

Hi Frederik and Wolfgang,

Just a quick update.

On 04/12/2015, at 10:22 PM, Ian Wadham wrote:
> Well, if you agree that the bug is likely to be in the Classic theme's tile
> alignments, I might have a look to see if there is a quick fix in Inkscape.

Well, I had a look at the Classic theme in Inkscape.  I could definitely see
a few glitches where objects were out of alignment by a few pix points,
but I did not get far in fixing them.  My Inkscape skills are rusty, I could not
find how to configure the special keys you need for smart Inkscape selects
(using an Apple Mac keyboard and the X11 emulator used by Inkscape)
and I could not work out how the artist had constructed the grouped objects.
I was afraid of breaking something.  So I have given up on that for now.

However, I did notice some small errors in the way the qgraphic branch lays
out tiles, as compared to the master branch.  When you slowly resize the view
(on qgraphic), the tiles keep going through a cycle where they bunch together
and spread apart.  The bunching together makes the misalignments in the
Classic theme's artwork more noticeable.  They are less noticeable when the
tiles have a small gap between them.  On the master branch, the bunching
effect does not appear to happen - or certainly not as badly.

I found some accumulated rounding errors in the calculation of tile positions
in the qgraphic code, also some view-centering errors.  I am busy debugging
and fixing those, to make resizing smoother and tile spacing more uniform.  The
tile-spacing is already looking better, regardless of what view size you choose.

@Wolfgang: None of this would affect libkmahjongg, kajongg or kshisen.

Cheers, Ian W.