[Kde-games-devel] What is happening to dialogs in Frameworks?

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Tue May 13 08:36:13 UTC 2014

Hi Ian,

On Tuesday, 2014-05-13, 16:51:00, Ian Wadham wrote:

> In particular, I am thinking of standard KDialogs.  I see that KDialog
> itself is deprecated in favor of QDialog.  OK, but what about higher
> level KDE dialogs, such as, but not limited to:
>
>     - KFileDialog
>     - KConfigDialog
>     - KColorDialog
> ?
>
> Is there some summary of what is being taken up by Qt 5 and what
> is being re-implemented in Frameworks?

There is a porting helper framework, I think called something like
kde4support, that contains the classes that are no longer part of any
framework but should be replaced with Qt classes.

E.g. it should contain KFileDialog which is succeeded by QFileDialog.

KConfigDialog is still an undeprecated class, it can be found in the
kconfigwidgets framework.

I guess the porting page on the Wiki will grow as application developer find
new things they were missing and found through research or asking.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring