[Kde-games-devel] What is happening to dialogs in Frameworks?

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue May 13 06:51:00 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

In Frameworks, it looks as though KDECORE and KDEUI are being broken
up and some of their functionality is recommended to be found in Qt.

I am looking at:
    http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Porting_Notes
    http://dot.kde.org/2014/01/07/frameworks-5-tech-preview
    http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/List

It is all proving rather hard for me to make any sense of, but it looks at
first glance as if huge chunks of functionality are going missing - things
that are used a lot in KDE Games.

In particular, I am thinking of standard KDialogs.  I see that KDialog
itself is deprecated in favor of QDialog.  OK, but what about higher
level KDE dialogs, such as, but not limited to:

    - KFileDialog
    - KConfigDialog
    - KColorDialog
?

Is there some summary of what is being taken up by Qt 5 and what
is being re-implemented in Frameworks?

Cheers, Ian W.