[Kde-games-devel] KDE Games KF5 Port status

Anuj Pahuja kamikazeanuj at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 05:41:11 UTC 2014

Hi Ian,

The libs and these games were ported a while back. I have been working on
porting KReversi to QtQuick2 and KF5 and looking for ways to implement
QSceneGraph instead of QPainter for rendering graphics of KDE Games.

Since it was the first time I did some porting, it took a longer time than
expected. Other games will be ported much faster now. If someone isn't
planning on working on them, I am more than willing to port all other games
as well.

The bug will be fixed soon. Some environment variables aren't being set
correctly and I might be using an older version of ECM.

Cheers,
Anuj

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Anuj,
>
> And thank you very much for doing this work.
>
> On 10/08/2014, at 11:27 PM, Anuj Pahuja wrote:
> > I have been working on porting libkdegames and some games(KBounce,
> KMines and KNavalBattle) to KF5 over the summer and want to let you know
> that have been ported successfully and completely KDELibs4Support free.
> There are still a couple of small bugs I need to figure out in the build
> system of KBounce, KNavalBattle and KMines before they're completely ready.
>
> Oh well, only about 37 games to go… :-)
>
> Seriously, has it taken you about a month per game?  These are quite
> small games.  Do you have any estimate how long a much larger game
> might take to port to KF 5, such as Palapeli?
>
> @all:
> Is anybody else besides Anuj working on porting games to KF 5?
>
> If not, who will do it?  And what will happen to individual games if they
> do not get ported to KF 5?
>
> > The code can be viewed in the repos -
> clones/<appname>/anujpahuja/gsoc-frameworks hosted on quickgit.kde.org.
> >
> > Check that out if you have some time and let me know if it's buggy or
> there are some deprecated methods. The games might crash sometimes due to a
> build system bug. I'll fix this within the next 2-3 days.
>
> Sorry, I could only eyeball the code quickly.  I am not yet able to build
> Frameworks on my platform (Apple OS X).
>
> At first glance the code looks OK, but I do not like the sound of random
> crashes due to a build system bug.
>
> Cheers, Ian W.

Anuj Pahuja
4th year Undergraduate
B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science

*Birla Institute of Technology & Science,* *Pilani*