[Kde-games-devel] Online Granatier, common real time online gaming libs?

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Mon Jun 3 12:31:18 UTC 2013

Le Saturday 01 June 2013 00:38:07 Nathan Sala a écrit :
> 2013/5/31 Eneko Nieto <enekonieto at gmail.com>
>
> > Hi, very attractive idea! I think it would be interesting to include
> > all the game management in the library (creating, searching and
> > joining games). We ideally could create a KDE games hub where you can
> > find players for any game implementing the library.
>
> Aurélien gave a nice idea to link create/search/join features with instant
> messaging accounts.
> I think it was about Telepathy?

Yes, if I am not mistaken, Telepathy Tubes is used in Naval Battle to share a
game over the Internet. I think this should be a second step though, I would
suggest getting a LAN game to run reliably as a first step.

It is OK if people have to scream their IP address over the room, you can add
game discovering over Telepathy or LAN or over the Internet later :)

Aurélien