[Kde-games-devel] Online Granatier, common real time online gaming libs?

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Thu Jun 6 18:47:47 UTC 2013

Am Montag, 3. Juni 2013, 14:31:18 schrieb Aurélien Gâteau:
> game over the Internet. I think this should be a second step though, I would
> suggest getting a LAN game to run reliably as a first step.
>
> It is OK if people have to scream their IP address over the room, you can add
> game discovering over Telepathy or LAN or over the Internet later :)

I never thought about this approach but you are right, LAN would simplify many things.

You just need a server, which receives user input and sends the current changes of the game scene to the clients. The ping time should be lower than the refresh rate of the monitor, so the player shouldn't notice any difference between playing on the server PC or on a client PC.

Regards,
Hias