[Kde-games-devel] How Should I start?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Feb 18 19:25:18 UTC 2013

El Dilluns, 18 de febrer de 2013, a les 18:21:00, Zephyr Zebi va escriure:
> Sir,

We are no Sir, we are just a bunch of people ;-)

> I want to be a part of KDE community. I am a college student at IIIT
> Allahabad,India. I have some(basics) QT experience(I learned from a youtube
> tutorial of 103 videos). I have made few 2D games like(Tetris,Snakes.. etc)
> in C# .Net. I have made a simple fighting 2D game like Hugo(the flash one)
> in Blitz Max. I've been writing software’s and games for past 1 year.
> During the course, I learned (Qt, .Net, JDK) development frameworks,
> seasoned with some experience and knowledge in programming. I am good at
> learning new languages and new frameworks. I have a lot of experience in
> competitive programming. Am a avid user of topcoder(handle -
> Redempt1on<http://community.topcoder.com/tc?module=MemberProfile&cr=23117893
> >) I have a algorithmic rating of 1369(77.768 percentile). During my
> ACM-ICPC experience I have learned a lot about algorithms. My github
> profile<https://github.com/zephyrzebi>
> .
>
> I want to expand my programming horizons to real world projects.

Good :-)

> I want to contribute to KDE.

Great :-)

> However, am new to open-source and have zero experience
> of big projects.Some of KDE ideas look scary and some of them I don't even
> understand. I am really passionate about this and I don't want to miss this
> opportunity. I am interested in KDE games. How should I start?

Take one of the KDE games you like, add a small feature or fix one of the bugs
existing in bugs.kde.org for it, put it on reviewboard, get it into the
release :-)

> What will be KDE games ideas this year?

What do you mean this year?

Cheers,