[Kde-games-devel] How Should I start?

Zephyr Zebi zephyrzebi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 12:51:00 UTC 2013

Sir,

I want to be a part of KDE community. I am a college student at IIIT
Allahabad,India. I have some(basics) QT experience(I learned from a youtube
tutorial of 103 videos). I have made few 2D games like(Tetris,Snakes.. etc)
in C# .Net. I have made a simple fighting 2D game like Hugo(the flash one)
in Blitz Max. I've been writing software’s and games for past 1 year.
During the course, I learned (Qt, .Net, JDK) development frameworks,
seasoned with some experience and knowledge in programming. I am good at
learning new languages and new frameworks. I have a lot of experience in
competitive programming. Am a avid user of topcoder(handle -
Redempt1on<http://community.topcoder.com/tc?module=MemberProfile&cr=23117893>)
I have a algorithmic rating of 1369(77.768 percentile). During my ACM-ICPC
experience I have learned a lot about algorithms. My github
profile<https://github.com/zephyrzebi>
.

I want to expand my programming horizons to real world projects. I want to
contribute to KDE. However, am new to open-source and have zero experience
of big projects.Some of KDE ideas look scary and some of them I don't even
understand. I am really passionate about this and I don't want to miss this
opportunity. I am interested in KDE games. How should I start? What will be
KDE games ideas this year?

Regards,
Swarn Avinash Kumar
IRC nick - Redempt1on