[Kde-games-devel] Review Board, Apple and a patch for Palapeli

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 00:54:02 UTC 2013

On 22/12/2013, at 7:49 AM, Nemanja Hirsl wrote:
> On Monday, 16. December 2013. 10.10.48 Ian Wadham wrote:
>> I plan to celebrate it by
>> adding some features to Palapeli, fixing some bugs in games
>> I maintain (KGoldrunner, Kubrick, KSudoku and KJumpingCube)
>> and then retiring from KDE Games maintenance, hoping someone
>> else can take over the games I maintain.
>
> I'll try, if time permits, to continue fixing bugs in some of games you maintain now.

Thank you very much for this offer, Nemanja.  I was really hoping
someone would take over.  It should be reasonably light work,
unless there is a repeat of the problems we had when porting
from KDE 3 and Qt 3 to KDE 4 and Qt 4 …  Several games had
to be dropped from KDE Games because there were just not
enough people to do the porting.  We lost backgammon, poker,
KSokoban and even our Tetris clone (now replaced by KBlocks).

KDE 5 and Qt 5 have me a bit worried …

Recently I have been finding that quite a few bug reports against
my games and others are fielded by triage guys and passed
upstream, e.g. because there are problems in the graphics startup,
so things have been fairly quiet for me bug-wise.

> It would be good if you could create reviews for bugfixes you plan to commit and make take over easier for us.

What would be the advantages for you of using Review Board, as
opposed to reading diffs in the on-line repository?  I find it easier just
to commit and push bug fixes.

Review Board allows for discussion of changes, but quite often
reviews go unanswered (we are *all* busy and short-handed at
KDE Games), so why go the extra mile?

All the best, Ian W.