[Kde-games-devel] Review Board, Apple and a patch for Palapeli

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 00:18:50 UTC 2013

On 22/12/2013, at 7:49 AM, Nemanja Hirsl wrote:
> On Monday, 16. December 2013. 10.10.48 Ian Wadham wrote:
>> Next year is an important anniversary for me - 50 years since
>> I got my first job as a programmer.
>
> Wow! Congratulations on your anniversary. This sounds you had rich career, starting in pre-C era when cobol was around.

Cobol, what was that? … :-)  Luckily I was able to avoid writing in Cobol
much of the time and worked mostly in assembly languages or Fortran in the
"pre-C" era (from 1964 to late 70s).  I was a "systems programmer", working
on operating systems, real-time systems and software support.

C was an amazing advance for systems work - a language in which you
could write efficient and portable operating systems and compilers - but
not so good for commercial work, as I found out in the 90s when I had to
maintain some housing-loan programs written in C.

> Wishing you the best in this next phase in your life. Enjoy it.

Thank you very much for your good wishes, Nemanja.

All the best, Ian W.