[Kde-games-devel] Building kbounce

Roney Gomes roney477 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 15:57:31 UTC 2013

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Rajat chawla <chawlarajat303 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,

Hello Rajat.

> I would like to know how to build kbounce and run it from kdevelop.Please
> tell me step by step procedure because I've been trying it from so long.
> I would also like to know can we build it from qt creator. I tried but it
> asks for some arguments for cmake in the starting.

When you're importing a project, KDevelop will show you a dialog where
you can define a build directory and an installation prefix. This
installation prefix is where the project's files will be placed. I
recommend you to install everything in a "kde" folder on your home
directory -- this simplifies things and allows you to test your compiled
binary against the package provided by your distro.

After the project has been imported, build and install it. Then go to
Run > Configure Launches and add a new launching profile in your
project's section. In the "Executable" field, browse through the
directory you defined as your install prefix and look for a "bin"
folder. Select the right binary then click OK

You could also follow the same procedures, with a few modifications,
to build the project on Qt Creator.

> Also, ain't there any software(like netbeans for java) ,that keeps all the
> project files together on the left hand side and you make some changes
> ,build the project from a button above and see whther your code executed or
> not.

You're probably missing something. I'm not an IDE user but, as far as
I know, both Qt Creator and KDevelop have this functionality.

--
Roney