[Kde-games-devel] kmahjongg qgraphic branch

Ian Simpson ian.kdedev at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 12 19:30:18 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

But in master, if you have a selected tile and then click anywhere other than
on a free matching tile the selection is cleared. You still have to go back and
click the first tile.

The way I see it, you can misclick in a few ways; on the background, on a
non-selectable tile, or on a non-matching selectable tile. I think that the
first two are misclicks and reckon the player should be made to go back
and reselect the first tile, like in master. The third is not necessarily always
a misclick though. If it is it doesn't really matter whether the selection is
cleared or the new tile selected instead - you have to start again and click
both of the tiles you wanted to remove.

I prefer the new behaviour only because it makes it easier to change tiles.
When trying to clear the board as quickly as possible I sometimes mix up
or misremember similar tiles, click the first and then notice they don't match.
Or spot a pair, click the first and notice the second is not selectable. When
I then go for a different pair, master takes a double-click to select the new
tile (clear selection and select new tile), while the new behaviour takes just
a single click (swap selected tile). It just seems more logical to me.

I've added a patch that clears the selection when clicking the background,
the same tile, or a non-selectable tile. I'll add another so it behaves just
like master if you're not persuaded :-)