[Kde-games-devel] GSOC-2013 ideas

ANANT PUSHKAR anantpushkar009 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 09:48:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

My name is Anant Pushkar.I am a second year student of the department of
Computer Science and engineering at IIT Kharagpur. I would like to port
Bomber (with a few additional features) and Kollision to qml for GSOC
project this year. I have extensively worked on qml and qt before. I have
also developed a small space arcade game on qml (git repo:
https://github.com/anant-pushkar/qmlGame).

Features that I would like to implement in Bomber are as follows:

   - *Real life projectile motion* of bombs to improve the user experience
   of the game. I have already *submitted a patch* implementing the same .
   - *Bonus target objects: *These would be movable objects (like birds, or
   enemy planes) moving horizontally in the sky above the buildings. The
   player can gain extra bonus points by bombing these objects. The heights of
   these objects will be randomly distributed between the present height of
   the plane and the highest building. Each such object shall make its
   appearance only once and would disappear once out of the screen.
   - *Ability to move down :* The player will be able to move down by
   pressing down button on the keyboard. This will help the player take better
   aim on the target.

Also, as the game play would change with these features, a new scoring
algorithms will have to be implemented to make the game more interesting.
Kollision would be ported without much change in the game play.

I would really appreciate to get comments and suggestions about these ideas.

Regards,

Anant Pushkar
Second Year Undegraduate Student
Computer Science and Engineering