[Kde-games-devel] GSOC-2013 ideas

Viranch Mehta viranch.mehta at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 10:13:26 UTC 2013

Hi Anant,

The current GSoC idea listed includes only porting a game to QtQuick to look
(and work) *exactly* the same as the current one, along with the gameplay
rules, features and scoring remaining the same. Only after the port is stable
can new features be added. I think porting one game, and making sure the port
is stable and there are no regressions will in itself take up the time of one
entire GSoC project.

So while your ideas are really welcome, you first have to port the game to
QtQuick before you can implement your features. What I'd suggest is you can
start porting Kollision instead of implementing the new features if you have
time left after porting KBomber.

Viranch