[Kde-games-devel] KMahjongg git

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Sep 21 21:32:29 UTC 2012

El Dissabte, 22 de setembre de 2012, a les 07:18:02, Ian Wadham va escriure:
> On 22/09/2012, at 2:25 AM, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 21. September 2012, 17:44:36 schrieb Christian Krippendorf:
> >> but there are much more commits... these few were only a cut of all. I
> >> will
> >> give you a whole list... and then you could decide if it does not take to
> >> much time.
> >
> > a simple shell script should do it, something for tonight. I already have
> > the list of revisions to be done (86 of them)
>
> Welcome to the club, Christian … :-)  I too have a large unmerged branch,
> in KGoldrunner and for the same purpose.  It is called "qgv" on git.
>
> The thing to be aware of is that when you do "clone" in git you get a local
> copy of the whole repository, including all branches and tags, all in the
> same local directory structure.  They are not in separate parts of the
> repository and not in separate work areas.
>
> To work on a branch, you just start with "git checkout <branch name>" or
> similarly with a tag.  When done, you "git commit" locally on that branch
> and "git push" to that branch on the central repository when required,
> maybe a few (local) commits at a time.
>
> That is very convenient, but I find it rather hair-raising when dealing with
> a large branch.  Sooner or later, I am going to have the wrong branch
> active when I do changes, compiles, tests, commits and pushes … ;-)  And I
> think merging that branch might be a bit hairy too.

You can always use multiple clones (I do that sometimes)

And you can also use nice things like

export PS1="\[\e]0;\u@\h: \w\a\]${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\u@\h:\w:\$(git branch 2>/dev/null | grep '^*' | colrm 1 2)\$ "

that at least for me and bash+konsole adds the branch you currently are to the start of your command line.

Cheers,
  Albert