[Kde-games-devel] KMahjongg git

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Fri Sep 21 21:28:47 UTC 2012

Am Samstag, 22. September 2012, 07:18:02 schrieb Ian Wadham:
> That is very convenient, but I find it rather hair-raising when dealing with
> a large branch.  Sooner or later, I am going to have the wrong branch active
> when I do changes, compiles, tests, commits and pushes …

You can put the current branch into the bash prompt. There are several
recipes for that, like this one:
https://techcommons.stanford.edu/topics/git/show-git-branch-bash-prompt

Or simply use two local clones:
git clone kde:kmahjongg kmahjongg_master
git clone kde:kmahjongg qgraphic
and checkout the respective branch
and make sure bash shows the current directory in its prompts

> And I think merging that branch might be a bit hairy too.

git is quite intelligent when it comes to merging, and if it cannot merge
something automatically it tells you how you can resolve the conflicts.

--
Wolfgang