[Kde-games-devel] git conversion tonight

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Fri Sep 14 06:37:59 UTC 2012

Am Freitag, 14. September 2012, 13:09:26 schrieb Ian Wadham:
> The connection path to anongit from Australia is not reliable (as ping shows).
> I have had trouble with it before.  Would it be bad to use the following config:
>     [url "git at git.kde.org:"]
>         insteadOf = kde:
> rather than anongit?

when the load on git.kde.org got too high, admins urgently asked people
to pull from anongit. But then - if it does not work for you... but I'd ask
the sysadmins if that is OK.

>     git pull origin qgv    and    git push origin qgv

for me, I can just do
git checkout KDE/4.9
git pull --rebase
git push

The mapping from local to remote branch is defined in kgoldrunner/.git/config,
I have: (automatically configured by git 1.7.12 at clone time)

[branch "master"]
        remote = origin
        merge = refs/heads/master
[branch "KDE/4.9"]
        remote = origin
        merge = refs/heads/KDE/4.9

Instead of editing config, you can use git remote commands.
See git remote show origin.
And see git help pull, search for DEFAULT BEHAVIOUR

BTW --rebase is better if others (including script kiddy) might have pushed meanwhile.
If you do not --rebase, git pull will merge origin into your local branch. With
rebase, git will rebase all your local commits on top of the pulled commits,
giving you a nicer, more linear history. So I always do pull --rebase.

> Everything looks OK when browsing the following:
>
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdegames/kgoldrunner/repository/show?rev=qgv

looks OK for me too.

--
Wolfgang