[Kde-games-devel] git conversion tonight

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 02:27:16 UTC 2012

Once again, thanks for all your help and tips, Wolfgang.

On 14/09/2012, at 4:37 PM, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> Am Freitag, 14. September 2012, 13:09:26 schrieb Ian Wadham:
>>    git pull origin qgv    and    git push origin qgv
>
> for me, I can just do
> git checkout KDE/4.9
> git pull --rebase
> git push
>
> The mapping from local to remote branch is defined in kgoldrunner/.git/config,
> I have: (automatically configured by git 1.7.12 at clone time)
>
> [branch "master"]
>        remote = origin
>        merge = refs/heads/master
> [branch "KDE/4.9"]
>        remote = origin
>        merge = refs/heads/KDE/4.9

I have got that, but I also have "[push]    default = nothing", for safety, not
being comfortable with having a huge remote branch and "master"
co-existing in the same local directory structure.  One day I might "push"
on the wrong branch … but for now I am always specifying the branch.

Oh, and thanks for the tip about "pull --rebase".

All the best, Ian W.