[Kde-games-devel] Season of KDE

David Yang davidyang6us at gmail.com
Tue May 1 01:05:01 UTC 2012

wrote:

> Most remaining items under "Graphics stack" and "Rendering method" are

already taken by a GSoC student,

Bah, stupid competition

> but the red items under "Theme
> selection" and "Sounds" are looking for volunteers.

Well, I wouldn't mind that. Anything to help the project.

> There are some games under "Sounds" labeled "None", which means that
> there are sound files, but they are not played back. Implementing
> sound playback here might be especially rewarding because it actually
> introduces a new feature. KgSound is also reasonably simple to use:
> You basically need to construct KgSound instances for each sound when
> the application starts up, and call KgSound::play when the sound is to
> be played back.

Sounds doable. There's only three games labelled "none", so I would
probably
have time to move on to the games using KNotify. (!?)
And isn't KNotify the system notification program? It's being used as the
sound stack for games?