[Kde-games-devel] Minutes from the kdegames BoF

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:02:10 UTC 2012

Moin moin,

Albert, Sune and me had a BoF about kdegames and everything, and these
are the main points we would like to see further discussion about:

1. It would be nice to have a games bug triaging day after the 4.9
release (great for marketing: "Fun bug fixing!"). A cleaned up bug
database would help identify which games are in need of attention, so
we as a team can try to assign some priority to them.

2. The maintainers list http://community.kde.org/KDE_Games/Maintainers
partially contains data from several years ago. We should consider
pinging the maintainers, and then really unconditionally remove them
from the list if they don't update the timestamp and thus commit to
their continued maintainership.

3. I heard of people who wanted to write new games, but did not do so
because of our policy of not including new games. We should refine our
messaging about this new policy: It seems not to be clear to outside
contributors that there is no "access restriction" to extragear/games.

4. Albert asked about our strategy for mobile platforms. There are
valid arguments for and against going mobile ("we lack manpower
already" vs. "this can attract new developers"). Did we ever have a
thorough discussion about this?

5. Is anyone still working on the Git conversion? We might want to
ping kde-scm-interest to see if Nicolas Alvarez et.al. might be able
to help us with finishing up the conversion rules and testing them.

Hint: It might be useful to start separate threads about these
questions if you want to continue the discussion (which I hope for).

Greetings
Stefan