[Kde-games-devel] Fullscreen view of kde games.

Christian Krippendorf Coding at christian-krippendorf.de
Fri Jan 6 17:24:54 UTC 2012

Am Freitag, 6. Januar 2012, 11:47:14 schrieb Parker Coates:
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 08:40, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Christian Krippendorf wrote:
> >> What does all of you say to this feature request? Would be great to
> >> have this implemented in the kdegames lib... ?
> >
> > I vote for implementing a proof of concept in one game, to see what
> > needs to be done in the general case. I see a KXmlGuiWindow subclass
> > coming.
>
> The big question for me from an interface perspective is how to let
> the user exit fullscreen mode. Ideally it'd be something consistent
> across all games and require no custom handling in each game. Since
> the "fullscreened" area might be a QWidget, a QGraphicsView, a
> KGameCanvas or maybe a QML scene, I don't see an easy way to add a
> consistent on-screen element. And relying on just a keyboard shortcut
> is somewhat dangerous as users who use a menu item to go fullscreen
> won't know to use the shortcut to get back.

And when we have a kdegames lib, why not all using a widget derived from a
kdegames lib? Inside the main widget, everyone can use its own widget for some
work or anything like this.

For it sounds as the same with the highscore dialog. If we want a consistent
look, everyone has to take the dialog from the kdegames lib or it won't be
consistent.

U can image of so many situations and implement everything in the kdegames
lib, but when someone wants to, ... he will find a way not implemented.

> I'm not saying this is a bad idea, I think it's a good one. I'm just
> saying there are some tricky UI design issues that need to be solved
> before we can think about the (probably not that difficult)
> implementation issues.
>
> Parker
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Christian Krippendorf