[Kde-games-devel] Questions about including a new game

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 02:02:05 UTC 2012

On 23/02/2012, at 11:00 AM, Jakob Gruber wrote
> On 02/22/2012 11:29 PM, Ian Wadham wrote:
>> Last but not least, I suggest reading the code of an existing not-too-large game,
>> such as KDiamond, to find out what the various files are, what they do and how
>> they work together.
>
> That's a good point. KSudoku and KMines have been a big help so far.

I would not recommend KSudoku as a model for KDE Games code, even though
I am the current maintainer.  It is far more complex than it needs to be IMHO, but
it does do a good job of separating model and view, which is important.  Also,
until recently, it was unmaintained for a few years.

I proposed KDiamond because Stephan maintains it and uses it a testbed for
his latest ideas re libraries.  It is recently written, exploits more of the newer
library features than some of the older games and has a moderate source
code volume.

Cheers, Ian W.