[Kde-games-devel] Questions about including a new game

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 16:50:57 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 17:12, Jakob Gruber wrote:
> I've been working on a nonogram puzzle game (think Nintendo Picross,
> Paint By Numbers) based on Qt / QGraphicsScene. The objective of the
> game is to mark all boxes correctly by following the hints given by
> numbers at the side of the field.

There's actually already a KDE nonogram game, called KPicross. It's
been around since 2007, but never made it out of playground. It
recently moved to Git.
http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=scratch%2Fwhiting%2Fkpicross.git

You might want to talk to JPWhiting, the KPicross author, about the
possibility joining forces.

> I'd be interested in integrating it with kde-games, but I'm not sure if
> it's suitable / up to par, nor what the correct procedure or next steps
> would be. What do you guys think?

In addition to what Ian and Stefan said, if you'd like your game to
become part of KDE you'll also have to move to using KDE technologies.
It seems that your game is currently Qt only, so porting to use the
enhanced classes in kdelibs and libkdegames would need to be done
where appropriate.

Best of luck,

Parker