[Kde-games-devel] Setting difficulty level via command-line option

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 21 13:12:49 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Stefan Majewsky
<stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'll try digging through svn blame to find the reason if no-one remembers.

tnagy added "-novice" etc. to KNetWalk in revision 408815, when
KNetWalk was still in playground. [1] There's no explanation why this
should be useful, but I suspect that this was before KGameDifficulty
was used properly by KNetWalk.

I remember copying this code into KDiamond because I closely followed
the implementation of KNetWalk for the GUI bits of KDiamond when I
first wrote it. The same probably hold for Klickety (don't know though
if that copied from KNetWalk or KDiamond).

After these investigations, my opinion is still that this
functionality can be dropped altogether. For KDiamond, I have decided
with my maintainer hat on. For Klickety and KNetWalk, I will likely do
the same during the KgDifficulty port unless a valid use-case is
found. (And even then, this should be done in KgDifficulty.)

Greetings
Stefan

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdegames/knetwalk/src/main.cpp?r1=407965&r2=408815&pathrev=784240