[Kde-games-devel] Setting difficulty level via command-line option

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 21 12:45:33 UTC 2012

Hi,

Albert and I are having an argument on ReviewBoard over setting the
difficulty via command-line options (e.g. "kdiamond --VeryHard"). The
argument started when I removed those options from KDiamond while
porting to KgDifficulty.

While Albert asks how I can know who uses this, my opinion is that
this feature has no valid use-case. I only copied this code from
KNetwalk a long time ago when I initially wrote KDiamond.

This feature is only found in 3 games (KDiamond, Klickety/KSame,
KNetwalk). For the sake of consistency, it makes sense to me to either
remove it altogether if there is no valid use-case, or implement it in
all games via KgDifficulty. Now for my question: Does anyone remember
why this functionality was initially added? I'll try digging through
svn blame to find the reason if no-one remembers.

Greetings
Stefan