[Kde-games-devel] svgz in git

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Fri Aug 24 22:19:57 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch, 15. August 2012, 09:47:29 schrieb Parker Coates:
> Hmm. If you're certain that you're cleaning up your repositories
> correctly, then I must have broken the script at some point, because
> this approach was definitely yielding results at one point. [1]

You are right, I was not able to clean up everything. I did

# remove original refs
git reflog expire --expire=now --all
git gc --aggressive --prune=now

but git verify-pack -v *idx in .git/objects/pack still showed
commits that should not be there anymore.

Only after cloning using the file:// protocol, I got
a smaller repository. (up to now I just said git clone from_directory
but that one copies too much)

So I now activated optimizing svg/png in the conversion script.

--
Wolfgang