[Kde-games-devel] svgz in git

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Wed Aug 15 14:02:41 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch, 15. August 2012, 09:47:29 schrieb Parker Coates:
> Hmm. If you're certain that you're cleaning up your repositories
> correctly, then I must have broken the script at some point

looks correct to me...

> because this approach was definitely yielding results at one point. [1]

> How did you generate the pngonly and svgzonly numbers?

I made 2 copies of the recompress script which each only did
one transformation. The original script loses about the
same in total.

Attached is a script for reproducing this with the original recompress
script. Adapt RULESETDIR. Try for yourself!

If I call it like
./testrecompression kajongg

it outputs:
8,0M    kajongg/.git
11M     kajongg.recompressed/.git

the difference is in .git/objects

or:
./testrecompression granatier
8,6M    granatier/.git
11M     granatier.recompressed/.git

for granatier I got an error message I don't understand. At
the end of filter-branch:
v4.9.0 -> v4.9.0 (7bda2cd3b9d7757421a8965b6fd9aeee4699d88c -> 12aed44d83fdc7fb515cca5c18b79914399766a5)
error: Entry 'doc/config_arena.png' not uptodate. Cannot merge.

./testrecompression katomic
5,3M    katomic/.git
7,8M    katomic.recompressed/.git

I set this up on dewey:wrohdewald/test but optipng and advdef are not installed.

BTW I made a small fix to that script but that cannot be the reason:
This fix copies the original file to cache when it cannot be
processed. libkdegames has a file shield.png which is really svg,
and the script would otherwise spit out hundreds of errors about it.
(to be sure I repeated the test for granatier with my patch undone,
identical results)

--
Wolfgang