[Kde-games-devel] kajongg -> git

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Wed Aug 15 22:21:40 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch, 15. August 2012, 23:06:26 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > yes - and IMHO all games are ready. But is it really acceptable that
> > nobody else checks?
>
> Are they? Sorry but from your mails i thought you had "done" some of them
> only.

I did not clearly communicate that - I am running them all again with the
latest rules and conversion script just to be sure. About 8 or 9 games out
of 40 still need to be pushed to scratch/wrohdewald. But I do not expect
surprises - just hook exceptions to be resolved (mostly CRLF). And if Parker
finds out why recompress-svgz-and-png.sh increases repo size, I will run
that too and push again but that should not change history.

I defined this new table - the links to the repositories are defined but those
8 or 9 still need to be pushed there.
http://community.kde.org/KDE_Games/Git_Conversion_Progress#The_Table.2C_Fall_2012
I just added KSokoban which is currently unmaintained but development is
going on outside of KDE.

> If all rules are done i'd like you to do two things:
>  * Mail kde-scm-interest and say "Hi, we are done and we are migrating soon,
> please can anybody help us verifying the rules and repos are fine?"

will do that when all is pushed - I hope tomorrow

> For a date, the best date is just after a release so any possible mistake has
> more time to be found until the next release. Since that is 4.9.1 [1] release
> seems too early for your vacation maybe after we release 4.9.2?

4.9.1 is September 4. I can manage that, unless too many bugs are found
in the conversion. I understand each game needs its own Sysadmin request -
which can be done beforehand - actually even now I think.
Should I do that or would you?

Converting all games again would take about 4-5 days, using my computer and
dewey. Tagging is on August 30. So I could start conversion of all games again
on dewey right after that tag appears there and on my notebook after getting home.

Alternatively:

For games with no recent activity (most...) I can add the 4.9.1 tag manually to the
existing git scratch repo. Am I right in assuming that the latest SVN_SILENT
messages for *.desktop do not need to be migrated because the next run will
add anything missing again?

--
Wolfgang