[Kde-games-devel] Very quiet on kdegames

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Wed Nov 23 19:52:57 UTC 2011

Wednesday 23 November 2011 [Christian Krippendorf]:
> Hey guys, ... got a few questions about kdegames.
>
> 1. Why no git? kdegames still uses svn, but for me - and maybe for other - it
> will be very cool if git will be used. All my daily work is done with git, so
> i am more practice with that.
>
> 2. I have work on kmahjongg and add 2 new features and solved one bug. Nothing
> happens for some days. No one got time? To few devs? Maybe all of them. No
> problem. But they are still unconfirmed a few days?
>
> 3. The technbase wiki page seem to be very old. No one is there to update this
> one?
>
> 4. For adding new features to KMahjongg, who decide about this? I want to add
> some features, but don't want to fall in disgrace.

I want to try to answer your questions:

1. Missing manpower
2. Missing maintainer
3. Missing manpower
4. Missing maintainer

Ok, but here in a little bit more detail.

1. The move to git is done one KDE module at a time. Most modules already
   switched, some did not yet. We are not directly involved in that.
   are mor appropriate to discuss the when and how of the move.
2. The maintainer of KMahjongg had to resign from his duties for leisure
   time reasons. If you want a patch to go in, please upload it to
   svn.reviewboard.kde.org and assign it to the kde-games team.
3. Correct. I pushed a few times to have the maintainer's list up-to-date
   (older dates probably also means "unmaintained") but the rest of the
   wiki it just not maintained for years.
4. Since there is no active maintainer, the team would decide. As said,
   please add your patch to the reviewboard and if you do not get an answer
   remind this list that there is a patch. :)

It would be nice if you strove for the maintainership of KMahjongg. :)

Regards
Frederik