[Kde-games-devel] Re: Build patch

Parker Coates parker.coates at kdemail.net
Wed May 18 16:17:07 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 22:59, Ian Wadham wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 May 2011 9:35:17 pm Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
>> Here is a patch that makes it better i.e. disable the games requiring it
>> without stopping everything to be built.
>>
> Thank you, I have now tested and committed something similar to your patch.
>
> KDE Games guys, especially Mathias: I had to put the dependency in the
> top-level kdegames/CMakeLists.txt.  I hope you do not mind.  I was hoping
> to avoid that.

That was exactly what I was hoping you would do.

> Warning: If OpenAL is not installed, Granatier will not be built and
> KGoldrunner will be built but with its sound feature completely disabled.
> This is not a very happy state of affairs, but I could not see what else
> to do.

That seems perfect to me. Why do you consider it "not a very happy
state of affairs"? I guess in theory it'd be nice if Granatier
supported building without sound, but OpenAL isn't really an exotic
dependency, so I don't see this being a big issue for packagers.

Parker