[Kde-games-devel] Re: Build patch

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed May 18 04:59:29 CEST 2011

Hi Anne-Marie,

On Tuesday 17 May 2011 9:35:17 pm Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> OpenAL not found means that nothing can be built currently in kdegames svn
> trunk module.

I am sorry about this.  I did not realise that it makes no difference if you
declare a dependency in a CMake subdirectory.  It goes to the top of the
tree and affects the whole module.

> Here is a patch that makes it better i.e. disable the games requiring it
> without stopping everything to be built.

Thank you, I have now tested and committed something similar to your patch.

KDE Games guys, especially Mathias: I had to put the dependency in the
top-level kdegames/CMakeLists.txt.  I hope you do not mind.  I was hoping
to avoid that.

Warning: If OpenAL is not installed, Granatier will not be built and
KGoldrunner will be built but with its sound feature completely disabled.
This is not a very happy state of affairs, but I could not see what else
to do.

All the best, Ian W.