[Kde-games-devel] Re: Kpat solvers

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Fri Jan 28 15:25:43 CET 2011

Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2011 sent Shlomi Fish:
> > So from my perspective you should send individual patches to
> > - add the library functions you need to dump the board
>
> Do you mean «QString Simon::solverFormat() const» and
> «QString Freecell::solverFormat() const» ?

There are various of such functions in your patch, but yes.

> > I would
> > prefer solving the original game
>
> What do you mean? If I understood you correctly, then PySolFC now
> implements heterogeneous sequence moves in Simple Simon as one move for
> Simple Simon that both the user and the automated solver can use (without
> intermdiate step animations that are not present for Freecell as well.).

Yeah, my main point is that I want to discuss this independent of your solver.
And Parker just discussed that day about a bug, but now that I looked closer:
the bug reporter wanted to use more than empty piles. He wanted the game
to split sequences and use cards that happen to help. If it's just about using
empty piles, I guess I'm fine with it.

> > Beside that: I tested your patch and simple simon game 177 kills my
> > computer while solving.
>
> Yes, I see that too.
>
> > It looks like you didn't implement limits.
> > patsolve is configured to give up solving after using 30MB.
>
> It shouldn't be hard to do it for my solver as well, as it has
> freecell_solver_limit_iterations and other mechanisms for that. I'll work
> on it.
Thanks. I started on an AbstractSolver to make the interface between game and
solver more obvious. But it's not so easy ;)

Greetings, Stephan