[Kde-games-devel] Re: Tagaro as an application?

Mon Jan 17 20:09:07 CET 2011

Hi,

reading your comments, I realize it's a bad idea to build this idea around the
Steam example. I'm well aware that all the server-side bits are available in
OD.o, Synchrotron, GGZ, whatever. I wanted to talk about how the end user
experience should look like.

Am Montag, 17. Januar 2011, 09:17:41 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> I think applications should still be able to work stand-alone. It also
> supports a different workflow, e.g. people used to other GHNS enabled
> applications might be looking for that from within games as well.

Apps fire up dialogs for these in most cases. I don't think it would be much
of a difference if the dialog was provided by an external application, which
is available in any case because it comes with the base library (just like a
KDE application can expect kbuildsycoca4 or nepomuk-rcgen to be available
because these come with kdelibs).

Am Montag, 17. Januar 2011, 01:01:04 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> the client-side code to make this as easy as possible is mostly there in
> libattica. one of my upcoming tasks is to look at how easy it is to use
> that  to access a synchrotron install without KNewStuff (which is very
> much GUI centric)

You mean, just with libattica? That would basically be what I need to do, too,
because KNS3 is by design fixed to server-provided static content, and not
useful for highscores and the like.

Greetings
Stefan