[Kde-games-devel] Re: Tagaro as an application?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Jan 17 09:17:41 CET 2011

On Monday, 2011-01-17, Stefan Majewsky wrote:

> Let's call this app "Tagaro Center" for now. So for example, imagine that
> you fire up Tagaro Center and it tells you: "Heya, do you want to continue
> playing this KGoldRunner game that you left yesterday at 23:17, or do you
> want to download the Puzzle of the Day [2] from the Palapeli server? By
> the way, the Egyptian theme for KPat has been updated. I'm fetching the
> update right now and will activate it on the KPat window over there when
> it's done."

Also just brain dump from my side: not sure if this is possible at all but
maybe instead of an application that has to be installed and run explicitly,
have a pre-configured (or easy to setup) Plasma activity for gaming?

> It can also simplify the application code considerably. For example, this
> change would mean that Palapeli would become an MDI application, with
> Tagaro Center managing the puzzles and Palapeli being reduced to the
> puzzle table.

I think applications should still be able to work stand-alone. It also
supports a different workflow, e.g. people used to other GHNS enabled
applications might be looking for that from within games as well.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring