[Kde-games-devel] Re: Tagaro as an application?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 17 20:52:21 CET 2011

On Monday, January 17, 2011, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> Am Montag, 17. Januar 2011, 01:01:04 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> > the client-side code to make this as easy as possible is mostly there in
> > libattica. one of my upcoming tasks is to look at how easy it is to use
> > that  to access a synchrotron install without KNewStuff (which is very
> > much GUI centric)
>
> You mean, just with libattica? That would basically be what I need to do,
> too, because KNS3 is by design fixed to server-provided static content,
> and not useful for highscores and the like.

yes, exactly ... KNS3 is great for the use case it covers (which is the common
one), but as we start to build OCS features into apps a bit more directly then
a trip to libattica becomes necessary it seems :)

our needs in plasma are probably a subset of yours. so perhaps you could
enumerate your needs, i could provide some input (even if it is just, "Yes, we
need that too" ;), and then we can divide up the work? at the very least it
means you would be able to get the work we need in plasma done for you ;)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se