[Kde-games-devel] Re: Raster engine on X11

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jan 2 11:52:41 CET 2011

On 02.01.11 05:03:42, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I looked through some bugs in the games in alphabetical order (BTW bomber had
> no b.k.o product until this evening - WTF?) and found that Kapman was
> unplayably slow on my machine (Core Duo + proprietary NVidia). This situation
> has been much improved by enabling the raster engine (revision 1210729), and I
> see complaints about other games running slow as well.
>
> I have had a good experience with enabling raster by default on X11 in
> Palapeli, and I think we had this topic on the list last month. Do we want to
> do raster in all games by default for 4.6?

FWIW: Nokia is going to switch the default engine for Qt to raster on
all platforms (currently raster is used on windows by default) for 4.8
or 4.9. Thiago mentioned that recently on the qt-interest list in a
corresponding thread about the graphicssystems.

Andreas

--
Expect the worst, it's the least you can do.